Laravel 9.x + Backpack — CRUD for tags
In order to proceed you should have:
- Laravel installed + Backpack admin (teaching purposes)
- virtual host ready for you
- xampp setup or other web server
- composer installed
- you have follow this tutorial (you have tags table created and migration has run)
# STEP 1. Create crud
php artisan backpack:crud tag
After this command has run the output is
Artisan has created for us
- registered the route in the routes
- updated the view with the new icon
# STEP 2. Alter requests file
Open TagRequest.php located in app/Http/Requests folder
Edit the rules method by adding extra validations.
* Get the validation rules that apply to the request.
* @return array
public function rules()
'name' => 'required|min:5|max:255',
'slug' => 'required|min:5|max:255'
List of all available rules in Laravel could be found here.
In our case we are adding a requirement for name and slug to be mandatory.
Well, we are ready. It is that easy.